From Wyvern Source
This page aims to be a comprehensive patch guide to record and stay up to date with the changes made to the game. Please link patches to their related Reddit threads.
- 1 History
- 2 Misc changes 4/25 - 4/26/17
- 3 4/24/17 "Great attack speed buff/nerf of 2k17"
- 4 4/22/17 / 4/23/17 Armor Bugfixes & Stensele Facelift
- 5 4/21/17 Armor Buffs and round 1 of Dwarf Buffs
- 6 4/18/17Rak Lion Buff
- 7 4/18/17 Hi-Score Changes & QP requirements Pixie Atk Speed Buff
- 8 4/12/17 Misc Buffs/ Naga "Fix"
- 9 4/5/17 Reduced magic resists on Mobs
Misc changes 4/25 - 4/26/17
- Bone Crusher now weighs 500lbs
- In the works 'body' command that lists what you are wearing and will "soon display AC"
4/24/17 "Great attack speed buff/nerf of 2k17"
- Ring of Swift Strikes - removed
Players compensated 150k for each in their inventory or home.
- Tweaked racial attack-speed caps
- Kalidemons: 2.0/sec
- Hydras: 3.0/sec
- Stone giants: 3.0/sec
- Other giants: 3.2/sec
- Panthers: 5.0/sec
- Leopards: 5.5/sec
- Pixies: 8.0/sec
- Everyone else: 4.0/sec just like before
"Most players should hit their max attack speed at weapon skill 40" and "The most important thing to keep in mind is: I'm not done with balancing!"
- Stone Giants Immune to Petrification
- Fixed the enchanted AC overriding the changes made in the previous patch
- (unfixed) Chain armor and other "complex AC" items have no "generic AC" so it won't protect from things like fire(an maybe other elements?)
- "Complex AC" items did not handle enchants properly applying the enhanced AC to only one type of damage i.e. cut stab etc. Now enchants apply to all ACs
- Max enchant is raised to +10
- (Reagents for +10 are hard if not impossible to come by at the time of this update)
"I like it at +10 because: -increases the rarity curve even more -parity with built-in enchantments -with the new AC computation, it's not broken -10 is such a nice number, as you point out"
4/21/17 Armor Buffs and round 1 of Dwarf Buffs
- Most hard armor AC is now roughly double what it used to be. E.g platemail went from AC 20 to AC 40.
- Most shields are now triple what they used to be. On average they went from AC 7 to AC 21.
- DSM is now either 40 or 50 depending on the armor (used to be 20 to 30). Similar to platemail, but it's lighter than platemail and provides immunities.
- Ancient DSM is all AC 100 now. (Was all 30 before). Keep in mind that it only protects your torso.
- Most cloaks were not affected, but lion cloak, wolf cloak, and cloak of protection all went up nearly double.
- Leather and similar materials were generally only raised a little bit. No cloth armor went up in AC except (I think) the Wizard Hat, which went up a little.
- Dwarves now have 25% resistance to nearly all damage types
4/18/17Rak Lion Buff
- Lions now have Free Action and Iron Will by default. That means:
- Immunity to fear
- Immunity to slow
- Immunity to paralysis
- Immunity to confusion
"I'm guessing we still won't see many lions, but... at least they have a better signature ability now. Even pixies aren't immune to fear. Panthers and leopards both of course need complete overhauls -- that's still in the works."
- Leader Boards are now 100% exp based
- QP requirements for 45 and 50 are now 500 and 550 respectively (there are 552 non-sokoban QP in the game)
- Pixie Attack speed is now 8.0 max
4/12/17 Misc Buffs/ Naga "Fix"
- Misc Buffs
- Raks now get 2 wc per level. They go from wc 10 at level 1, to wc 108 at level 50.
- Hofud the Sword (100 lb) is now wc 65.
- The Annihilator Axe is now down to wc 45 -- but it's 1-handed.
- Naga Fix
- Bracers are now enchantable again
- Kalidemons can no longer wield weapons or shields
- Kalidemons and Hydras both start with a lower WC than before, and it scales up every 5 levels.
- Hydra has wc 8, at level 20, and adds 2 points of wc every 5 levels, up to a maximum of wc 20 at demigod.
- Kalidemon has wc 10 (cut) at level 24, and it goes up by 3 points every milestone level until it caps at wc 25 cut at demigod
4/5/17 Reduced magic resists on Mobs
- "I've reduced or eliminated the resist-magic property on most monsters in the game. For monsters that already had a resist-cut, stab or smash, I generally reduced their resist-magic down to that level. If they did not have melee resistance I usually removed their magic damage resistance as well, or for certain magical monsters limited it to just 20%."
- Destruction Spell damage calculation was (80 + death * 2) and is now (death * 2)