From Wyvern Source
- 1 12/31/16
- 2 12/2/16
- 3 12/24/16
- 4 12/21/16
- 5 12/19/16
- 6 12/16/16
- 7 12/13/16
- 8 12/10/16
- 9 12/8/16
- 10 12/7/16
- 11 12/2/16
- 12 12/1/16
- You can now buy part of a stack by specifying a count, e.g., "buy 3 potion" to buy three potions from a larger stack. The game also now remembers the per-item price, so you can get partial refunds for stacks that you've partly used.
- Items with different per-item prices are no longer groupable, to enable the refund logic.
- To get a partial refund for a stack in your inventory, stash or drop the ones to keep, then refund the rest of the stack.
- As always, items become non-refundable when you log out.
- Various minor tweaks to the tutorial.
- Don’t restart in the tutorial if you have completed it (starts you in your home after that).
- Undid the kalidemon nerfs from last round, as they are in fact very weak if you actually play one.
- The 100 crowns given to brand-new players can no longer be exchanged for gold coins.
- Starter crowns can be used for training up to 5 points in a skill, as long as you are level 10 or under.
- Starter crowns are used automatically for QP, vending machines, rez machines, etc. before using any personal crowns, which in turn are used up before account crowns.
- Group members' spells and missiles no longer hurt each other's summoned monsters.
- Your summoned monsters' spells no longer hurt your other group members.
- You can no longer drink mana potions if your mana is full.
Fixed steal-item attacks to be max 5, and respect the level 35 perk.
- Any junk the shop doesn't want now gets dropped automatically (from sell all).
- Horn of Plenty now shows charges.
- Made a few spells use reagents in fight arenas: charging, enlarge/shrink armor, bless, curse, create food, enchant armor/weapon, identify, remove curse/damnation
- Made Thunderstorm spell last as long as Dragon Breath.
- Magic whips (from spell) are marked 'kept' so the stash command ignores them.
- Autofire should no longer target your summons (needs testing).
- BRMA now respawns you in the arena entrance.
- Armor and weapons now show blessed/cursed status even if not explicitly identified.
- Fixed goose quest feather "can't save you" problem when your inventory is full.
- Fixed amulet and ring of free action to be full immunity.
- Fixed bug where you could use a resurrection scroll after resurrecting with crowns.
- Stash command now works with bags of vast holding.
- Missiles now pass through anti-magic shields.
- All health-boosting items (amulets/rings of vitality, girdle of con, olympic gold medal, etc.) have a flat-rate boost rather than some giving percentages.
- Added autobag shortcut gems.
- Fixed it so you shouldn't lose XP if you die in a portable hole in a PK arena.
- Fixed a bug where you could loot another player's coin purse if it was on the ground.
- Changes to Spirit Travel skill:
- Max 10 for training.
- Now have a chance to dodge Death when you die, and not lose any XP. It starts at 10% with 1 point in the skill, and maxes at 40% with 10 points.
- Still reduces the XP you lose when you die. (This is a buff for the skill.)
- No-steal equipment mod now works for coin purses.
- The min price for no-damage mod is now 5 crowns. Only affects low-level items.
- Slight buff to cacodemons by player demand, still not as bad as they used to be.
- Slight nerfs to naga kali form: lower hp and ac, and slightly higher drain rate.
- Added belladonna and phoenix feathers to the Mages Guild shop.
- DoT passes now show "(expired)" in the description if expired.
- Slow no longer affects attack speed, for parity with speed spell, by popular demand.
- Equipment Modding machine, which for varying Crown rates lets you make any of the following permanent mods:
- Mark an item as no-steal (flat rate, 1 crown)
- Mark an item as no-curse (flat rate, 1 crown)
- Mark a weapon or piece of armor as rustproof (flat rate, 5 crowns)
- Mark an item as non-damageable (variable rate - will prompt you with price)
- The modding machines can be found at most blacksmiths in towns.
- The "no-damage" mod price depends on the weapon's min wield-level or armor's min wear-level. Note that the no-damage and rustproof mods automatically make the item non-enchantable, so if you want to apply the mods, add them AFTER enchanting.
- You can now skip the guild entry quest requirement for 25 crowns, if you so choose.
- Doing this does not give you the quest, since you may want to solve it later.
- It also does not award you any quest points.
- If you quit the guild, you will have to do the quest or pay 25 crowns again to rejoin.
- New item: Bag of Vast Holding.
- Spells no longer consume reagents in PK or MMA fight arenas
- Made the Minath Sky RD start at danger level 20. Watch out.
- Added a couple new RDs to Minath.
- Bunch of invisible performance fixes.
- Raised the max number of aliases allowed per character from 50 to 100.
- Halved the max length of an alias from 200 to 100.
- Autocast now refreshes resist spells whenever you type it. Works for individual spells ("autocast resist fire") and also "autocast all."
- Changed smart heal to try dispelling confusion and fear first to try to avoid bungling.
- Hospitals no longer use the trademarked International Red Cross logo.
- New item: Archmage's Scroll Tube.
- Rods have new artwork.
- Rods now show the number of remaining charges (if identified).
- Cut the average number of charges from 1000 to 500.
- Any existing rods with > 1000 charges are unchanged.
- Rods of thunderstorm and death ray are no longer artifacts.
- Unicorn horns now show the number of charges if identified.
- Still have 100-200 charges like before.
- Shop value is now based on the remaining charge (250gp/charge).
- Unicorn horns will stop appearing in shops for now, but can be farmed from unicorns.
- Nagas can now shift from shape to shape directly -- it goes through the naga shape first.
- "dance" command allows you to chain sequences of valid moves together.
The "dance" atmosphere removed, replaced with "jig."
- Fixed some bugs in nagas trying to rewear the wrong armor on login, if they were shifted when they logged out.
- The game now no longer tries to put you back in your last shifted form.
- The game should now properly re-wear/wield your equipment for a naga on login.
- Fixed a bug where shifting with a range weapon would not ready it, only wield it.
- Your own spells no longer hurt you. I put spells-hurt-caster in place back when multi-aliases made mages OP. Now that multi-aliases are gone, I'm lifting the restriction.
- Your summons can still get angry and attack you, for now, but I'll fix it ASAP.
- The code was not centralized in one place, so if I missed any, let me know. One exception is enchant armor/weapon if the item explodes.
- Made almost all reagents in the game naturally lighter, often up to 50% or more.
- Cut potion weight from 8oz to 2oz.
- Most shop potions now come in bundles of 10 to 50. You can buy fewer than that from a given bundle by typing "buy 3 potion."
- Wands and rods can now be applied directly from wand quiver with the apply command.
- New Archmage Reagent Pouch - 150 lb capacity, 80% weight reduction.
- New Archmage Potion Pouch - same as above.
- New equipment bag - wear/wield and unwear/unwield will loot/stash here automatically. It doesn't work yet, but will very soon.
- Support-mage change:
- Resist spells now act on every group member within range who's accepting buffs.
- Casts the spell once for every eligible group member.
- Will not cast on group members out of range.
- Will not cast on group members who are immune.
- You can still cast spells on individual targets, as before.
- Works with autocast.
- Dispelling the spell will dispel for all members that you cast on.
- "buffs on/off" command for accepting group buffs. Caster must have buffs on in order to buff group members.
- Increased the minimum distance from 8 to 12 squares for casting on group members.
- "autocast all" - It will start autocasting every auto-castable spell you know.
- "drink all" - It just tries drinking one each of bravery, fire end, cold end, free action, petri end, regen, shock end, speed and strength, not checking whether you actually have each of them. I'll make this configurable and smarter down the road.
- Semicolons are no longer allowed in aliases.
- Removed the special Beta-only prices for portable balloons and gobstoppers.
- Changes to restoration scrolls, to make strange rings/amulets more strategically valuable.
- Restoration scrolls now restore from 1% to 100% of your drained XP.
- Partial restoration scrolls restore from 1% to 50.
- Blessing the scroll will make it work somewhat better.
- A cursed scroll will work much worse.
- Minimum 1% regardless, and max 100%.
- Only one scroll will work; after that you are considered "not drained."
- Apple approved the app for launch. I have about a week of work to do before I launch the game, but we're close. Beta will be over soon. I'll post more information about that in a few days.
- Lowered the gold-for-crowns exchange rate by 50%.
- No more per-level crown bonuses.
- Raised the max level cap for the Minath Ruins to 25.
- Quicksand now disappears after you escape it. when flying you can't get stuck in quicksand.
- Raised Portable Balloon crown cost to 150.
- Put in some extra code to help ensure that inventories don't disappear. They might still, but it seems waaaaay less likely. You may, however, see messages about not being able to save your character, in which case contact me immediately.
- Added a short tunnel between New Verden and Davos.
- CacoDemon nerf, though they are still nasty.
- Updated Amulet of Lifesaving to clear your combat queue, which should (hopefully?) remove any pending hits that might kill you after the teleport.
- Gave everyone full skill points up to level 25.
- Added resurrection machines and vending machines.
- Gave everyone a starter pack of 100 crowns. Every new character starts with 100 crowns.
- From now on, leveling up gives you your level in crowns. E.g. when you hit level 10, you get 10 crowns. I pro-rated it for everyone, so all of you actually have more than 100 crowns -- some upwards of 400+.
- For reference, here are the costs for buying crowns (with real money):
- 10 crowns for $.99 (or whatever the equivalent price tier is in your region, according to Apple)
- 50 crowns for $3.99 (a 20% discount)
- 150 crowns for $9.99 (a 33% discount)
- 400 crowns for $24.99 (a 40% discount)
- 1000 crowns for $49.99 (a 50% discount)
- You can purchase Quest Points with Crowns. The only machine right now is in the NV Adventurer's Guild. You can only buy specific amounts:
- 1 QP for 1 Crown 10 Crowns (values changed; see below)
- 5 QP for 4 Crowns 40 Crowns
- 10 QP for 7 Crowns 70 Crowns
- 15 QP for 10 Crowns 100 Crowns
- I will be awarding people crowns on a discretionary basis (no guarantees or promises) for work performed in service of the Wyvern community, e.g. writing tutorials or user guides. If you create a guide, make sure to let me know, and I will consider whether it's worth giving you some crowns for it. Right now I only have the ability to award personal crowns as bonuses, for technical reasons, so you'll have to pick which character will receive them.
Further detail is in the Official Notes.