- 1 9/30/17
- 2 9/29/17
- 3 9/28/17
- 4 9/27/17 #2
- 5 9/27/17
- 6 9/26/17
- 7 9/25/17
- 8 9/24/17
- 9 9/22/17
- 10 9/21/17
- 11 9/20/17
- 12 9/18/17
- 13 9/17/17
- 14 9/16/17
- 15 9/14/17
- 16 9/13/17
- 17 9/11/17
- 18 9/10/17
- 19 9/9/17
- 20 9/8/17
- 21 9/5/17
- 22 9/4/17
- 23 9/3/17 #3
- 24 9/3/17 #2
- 25 9/3/17
- New feature: You can now send Crowns to other players with the "gift" command.
- The recipient has to be online.
- You just type "gift player num".
- It prompts you before proceeding with the transaction.
- Starter crowns cannot be gifted.
- It always draws from your personal balance first, then your account balance.
- Account crowns you give out are converted into personal crowns for the recipient.
- There are currently no restrictions or limitations on the gifts, though I'm sure you will find ways to make me regret that.
- There are no refunds.
- Raised the XP of Cacodemons, archangels and a couple other mobs that were over-nerfed.
- Disabled gold transfers between accounts.
- Crown showers now give out starter crowns. Crown gifts from me, however, give personal crowns that can be transferred.
- Added monk weapons for non-rakshasa, non-naga monks, to help make them a viable monk option.
- Base weapon is spiked gauntlets; it can be generated with up to +10/+10.
- New artifact weapon: Kinetic Gauntlets. These weapons do not fit on the claws of raks or nagas. One size fits all. They are wielded, not worn, and do not take up an armor slot (they use a weapon slot).
- Spiked gauntlets 2-handed.
Fixed problem with sock armor being generated with "giant" or "tiny."
- gift: can send crowns to other players.
- Reduced the alignment penalty for summoning from -25 to -5.
- Turned earmuffs back on during the tutorial.
- Updated demigod gallery with 5 new demigods, and tweaked some pics.
- New sprite for cacos, compliments of Keiko.
- Nerfed Onryos -- 50% lower wc, dodge now, 50% lower fire resist, and 20% lower cut resist.
- Their debuff can now take out shield spells, including anti-magic shield and mana shield. So can Yojimbo's.
- Fixed demigod dolls to not charge you 100 tokens every time you pick them up.
- Added sock armor to the drop tables.
- Rakshasas 'do' have the ability to wear tail armor (purely unintentional).
- Naga dragons can now only wear one shield
- Kalidemons now get 10-second warning before their shape expires.
- Fixed Ninja Kalidemon image.
- Fixed bug where every RD room was a trap room.
- There are five kinds of sock, similar to sashes: plain, fire, ice, shock, acid. Only plain is enchantable. All can be generated with +X/+Y enchantments and will show up in loot drops just like other armor.
- Tail armor, like rings/amulets/girdles/bracers, is one-size-fits-all.
- Tail armor cannot be worn by Rakshasas.
- Rolled back all the recent nerfs to Kalidemons; they are back to their high DPS from a month ago.
- Kalidemon form now has a cooldown. The form lasts up to 1 min and then has a 2 min cooldown.
- They can reduce this by 6 seconds per point they put into the Berserk skill, up to a maximum up 10 points trained, for a full minute off the cooldown.
- They do not need to actually use Berserking. Simply training the skill reduces the cooldown.
- The cooldown timer starts as soon as you leave the kalidemon form, even if you did not stay in the form for the full minute.
- During the cooldown, they may assume any other form, provided they have enough mana.
- Hydras got their fear immunity back.
- Dragons got new body parts. No boots or body armor, but they can wear 3 rings (one in the nose), bracers, a girdle, a shield, a cloak, an amulet, a helmet, and a sock.
- Dragon form bite does about the same amount of (stab) damage per level as Rakshasa claws.
- All naga forms except the frog got sock slots. Nagas can now wear tail socks.
- Rolled back the big accidental XP nerf. Will tweak monsters 1 by 1 as needed.
- Riagors and Cacodemons seem pretty backwards on XP awards right now -- I have to debug it.
- Fixed Trap Rooms to generate loot at levels 11 and below (used to only work up through level 10, due to a bug).
- Fixed Yojimbo Pawn Shop machines to reset their inventory every 20 min.
- Nerfed kalidemon damage again, since their XP/hour was still off the charts.
- Started selectively nerfing the XP for various monsters that were supposed to be difficult but over time became too easy, due to all the player buffs introduced this year.
- Overall goal is eventually to make all monsters equally attractive targets, by tweaking their XP awards to be "just right" for that monster.
- Blink now has the same cooldown as Teleport.
- If you gang up and warn troll players, they will get auto-silenced and even banned until reboot. Please use this to handle players with offensive names who are deliberately disrupting the game.
- Lowered Yojimbo's stab resist from 60 to 40.
- Yojimbo's loot-drop algorithm is now used for the item in RD trap rooms. Trap rooms can now have demigod dolls, high-level enchanted items, even permanent sokoban gear. Not always, of course, but they should have good items way more often than before.
- Added loot machines to major cities and guild halls, usually in blacksmiths or taverns. You can spend your hard-earned loot tokens there. They reset their inventory every 20 minutes.
- Approximately doubled the shop price of agility armor, since it's a bit OP. Did not change the price for existing armor, only newly-generated armor.
- Buffed the Healing skill for giants. They get 5 hp per tick per Healing skill point, as opposed to 3 hp per tick for everyone else.
- Disabled dart spells while autofiring.
- Fixed the infamous autofire lag/paralysis bug.
- Fixed loot explosion to be more satisfying; no more large clumps.
- Fixed bug with using "ready" in an alias or button-bar button, and the game telling you not to mix cast and equip commands.
- Fixed bug with using rods while autofiring.
- VIP RD now has obstacles, and works like the Fairy Fountain used to work -- no doors and no walls, but is still a maze.
- Fairy Fountain now has walls but no doors.
- Donjon is now essentially the same as Sakura Dojo.
- Put armor wear delays back to half of where they were a year ago. They were 10x higher a year ago (e.g. 3 seconds to equip body armor). They have been reduced to make the game feel less constricted. They are now an average of 5x higher (1.5 sec for body armor, lower for the others.) There should be no delay for nagas and giants re-equipping changing shape.
- Disabled manual firing while autofiring.
- Cut anti-magic shield duration in half.
- Finally fixed demigod dolls not to be marked unpaid.
- Yojimbo now drops a monument.
- Added a separate move queue for players. Moves now go into that queue instead of your main queue. This means that queued-up moves won't interfere with firing or casting (though other commands with delays, such as equip/unequip, can interfere with them).
- If you remove a piece of armor that grants a Mind bonus (positive or negative), it now breaks your concentration and snuffs out all your Mind spells.
- Giants no longer get a spell/pot/rod healing benefit while shrunken. In fact it's the opposite now: heal spells (used by rods, pots, scrolls, etc.) are 50% stronger for giants when they are in their giant form, giants already have huge survivability advantages with their size and strength; faster spam healing while shrunken was over the top.
- New feature: You see your xp earned after every kill. Turn it off with "xpmsgs off".
- Buffed arrows and bolts back to their original pre-nerfed values, including elven arrows and slaying arrows, to help compensate for the recent loss of Archers Guild FW.
- Yojimbo's summons now have siren song. Because you wanted it.
- Increased carrying capacity and cut-% for all reagent pouches.
- Dart spells now pass through players and allies (not in pk arenas though). Fart mages rejoice.
- Fixed the loot explosion to pass through players rather than piling up.
- Fixed scroll tube capacities (it was bugged; they now hold a LOT more).
- Yojimbo Live Quest added (island east of Stensele)
- Reduced healing rod cooldowns to their old values. The arts change was enough.
- Also more or less finished v1 of our first raid boss. Testing will start Thursday evening.
- Rewrote Post Explorer to be a single, predefined path that circles the world.
- Fixed autofiring point-blank.
- You can now save with most quest items, e.g. the Samhoc keys, or Rachel's Cat. This is in part to help reduce the pain of a game crash, and in part to help increase retention of newer players.
- You cannot drop, throw, stash, sell, offer, or give away quest items, and trying to do so may make it disappear. Dropping in particular will definitely make it poof.
- You cannot save them in your house. They must be in your inventory.
- This does not mean that the quest will "remember" all your progress. You may need to fight or solve your way back to wherever you were before. It will be helpful in situations where the quest has multiple independent "legs" and you want to solve each leg in a separate session. It can also help if you are looking for random drops like in Samhoc.
- This is a brand-new feature and may have glitches.
- Raised the mana requirements for healing rods, now that the spells are far stronger. Also increased the cooldowns.
- Added Boulder Bash spell. Unfortunately, its explosion artwork isn't working (it's invisible), although it still does damage. Should be fixed within a day.
- Reduced ashes to weigh same as pixie dust. If the DPS numbers are out of wack, further nerfs for dart-only mage builds may happen, such as raising lore levels.
- Fixed a bug where range-weapon monsters like half orcs would get stuck in an infinite cycle if you were around the corner from them.
- A handful of monsters now have a chance of teleporting to you (or your summons) in the map, if they are hostile or you have angered them. This is an experimental new feature and no doubt needs some tuning.
- Instanced demon hordes quest areas. It may have issues.
- Instanced Minath ruins.
- Instanced Blackrose ruins.
- Tapping on a player on a mission board moves you onto the board.
- Appraising a weapon now shows the weapon skill used by that weapon.
- You can no longer attempt to sell players that you are standing on.
- Replaced the Most Deaths leaderboard with a new Least Deaths leaderboard, which in retrospect should probably be the Fewest Deaths.
- It's ranked as (level*xp)/(deaths+1) for players level 25 and higher.
- Instanced the giant houses in Alaria.
- Added more monsters and treasure to the NV newbie houses and underground tunnels.
- Made bone reagent stackable (may not apply to existing ones in the game) and cut the weight in half, down to 1 oz.
- Archmage scroll tubes now hold 100lb of stuff.
- Fireball equivalent called Boulder Blast (smash damage) for air/earth mages. Will launch in a few days.
- Lowered dark elf strength from 80 to 70. Not actually sure why their base str is higher than that of high elves and wood elves (who are at 60).
- Lowered Wood Elf autofire rate range from 2.0 to 5.5 (down from 2.5 to 7.0).
- Doubled Archers Guild Dodge bonus from +1 every 2 levels to +1 per level.
- Capped Find Weakness max training level at 20. You can still go beyond 20 with guild bonuses and magical bonuses.
- At skill level 0, you have a base 5% crit chance. It's +3% for level for the first 5 skill points, then +2% per level for every point beyond that.
- At skill level 10, you have a 30% extra crit chance.
- At skill level 20, you have a 50% chance.
- At skill level 30, you have a 70% chance. +2%/level.
Archers gave their Find Weakness skill to Ninjas. Ninjas, say thank you to Archers. Archers no longer have FW, and Ninjas get +1/level.
- Weakened Huge Air Elementals after extensive lobbying by the Cavebabies Guild.
Fixed some issues with summons going aggro on the summoner and vice-versa.
- Sandstorm lore cost increased from 2 to 7 and has earthstone for its reagent.
- Lowered the weight of earth stones and lightning stones to ½ oz (down from 1-2 oz).
- The reagents for dragon breath, thunderstorm and sandstorm all cost the same now.
- Added huge elementals to RDs and to summon spells.
- Changed summon-elemental spells to create Greater Elementals at skill level 10, and Huge Wlementals at skill level 15.
- Rachel's Cat is now guaranteed to work. The wolves no longer eat the cat if you don't get there fast enough.
- Troglodyte King quest is now guaranteed to work. The Magic Man no longer takes the rock to an alternate dimension.
- Got rid of the old broken key generator for Samhoc that the wizards put in. Instead, at each key location (26 locations total) there is now a 1 in 3 chance of one of the 5 keys spawning. There can be duplicate keys; you need to get lucky and find all five, which may require waiting for your maps to reset.
- Added a new machine in the Adventurers Guild that lets you purchase eligibility for a HoF image at any level. Current cost: 150 account crowns. You need to provide your own image, just as if you'd made HoF. (http://ghosttrack.com/custom-images)
- Added "loot all" command. Loots all bags, chests, corpses and items under your character, similar to tapping yourself.
- Fixed bug where you could corrupt a home map by putting emoji in descriptions. The emoji disappear now.
- Fixed bug (I think) with unkillable monsters.
- Allow doors and diggable walls to be destroyed by spells.
Fixed super-frustrating bug where you couldn't give stuff to quest NPCs right before reboot. Sorry about that.
- Added pillows back into builder mode. Game was practically unplayable.
- Area-of-effect spells no longer damage loot.
- Buffed up reagent piles in shops (about 10x as many per pile now).
- New "crowns" command to show how many you've bought.
- Fixed bug in Samhoc RDs to bring you back to instanced Samhoc when leaving.
- Changed repairing to remove a percentage of durability based linearly on how damaged the item is, rather than a flat 5% each time. This means you do not have to worry about when to repair it. I removed the code from yesterday for skipping items that aren't very damaged.
- Made a few pieces of "heavy" armor not interfere with Ninja sneak:
- Mithril Chainmail
- Silver Dragon Mail
- Ornate Headdress
- Sorcerer's Helm
- Helm of X-ray Vision
- Elven shield
- Mithril Shield
- New pixies now start with 100 pixie dusts.
- Added 1-gp reagents to acid dart, demon dart and magic dart.
- Dramatically reduced costs for the more expensive spell reagents. E.g., dragon heart went from 4500 to 500.
- Fixed the infamous invincible-monster portable hole bug.
- Fixed the broken Orb of Maiye quest, which was broken by un-randomizing the Westerly Forest quest.
- Fixed spamming of sneaky/noisy ninja warnings when giants shrink/grow.
- Fixed auctioning the furnishings in AH.
- Fixed wielding switchblades.
- Added "sell inv" command that sells unkept top-level inventory, not inside bags.
- Fixed bug where 1gp reagents couldn't be bought from VIP shop.
- Added Ninja Leaderboard.
- Sort the Leaderboards by guild XP rather than overall score.
- Fixed horribly broken ninja movement speed with heavy armor (and even after removing it).
- Missiles can no longer be enchanted.
- Using "repair all" or "repair inv" on an anvil will no longer repair armor/weapons that are less than 95% damaged. Once they are within 5% of breaking, it will repair them. You can force them to be repaired individually by dropping them.
- Magic dart caps at level 30 Spirit.
- Fixed VIP and Ninja portals to be visible.